In Australia you can pick up passengers at the gate. I watched attentively for a man in a white v-neck as people began trickling down the glass walk way. After what seemed like days, the line stopped and the pilot exited the aircraft. The woman next to me put away her camera and began to cry. I put my hands on my head and turned around, near tears. I had prepared myself for this. I had dealt with the possibility of one of his five flights running late, and therefore having to endure the continued hours of waiting. And then I heard a man yell, "More people are coming!"
I am pretty sure I made the most obnoxious, female, high-pitched, screech noise one can imagine as I threw myself into his arms and according to him, everyone in the airport was looking at us. I don't know because I had my eyes close to prevent tears from leaking. It was awesome.
Anyway, that is enough drama and sappiness for one entry. All I really wanted to say is Jethro has arrived.
We have been doing a bunch of exploring. I am glad he is here because he takes more pictures than I do, and he is better at taking them. Plus, where I have walked by certain sites and buildings a few times, they are new to him. And he can capture the things I've missed.
One of the most insane things we came across was this room in the library. This is the same library I posted pictures of a few entries ago, except I was not aware of this room until two days ago. Jethro and I definitely gave each other the "You have got to be kidding me" look when we walked in.
By the way, he also has a blog. So if you're into reading some of the same stories with a different set of words: http://mysterycircumference.blogspot.com/
This evening we had a bbq with one of the girls on my floor and her boyfriend. We bought some kangaroo at the market and grilled outside my apartment complex. Well, Jethro grilled. I watched. The best feta I've ever tasted was also involved in this situation. And where there is feta cheese, I am.
Jethro cooking:
Me watching:





The last picture you looked this happy was the "instant breakfast" day. I'm sure Jethro is content in knowing your joy with his arrival ranks right up there with IB. :-) Luv ya.
ReplyDeleteyou must bring that library home for me.
ReplyDeleteor we must go back and bask in its gloriousness together. ;)
hey baby! i'm so glad he's there. i almost cried reading this. are you guys in love or what?
ReplyDeletei love you!!!!!!! i hope you are having so much fun and i'm really glad he's there with you. tell him i said hello.