Thursday, February 19, 2009

Photobucket

Today I made it to the Welcome Center for orientation. It was my third try. I'm happy to report, it wasn't worse than the fish.

(For those who don't know, I went to visit Andrea when she was a freshman at IU and on her dorm room door was a fish with her name on it. This was too good of an example of everything I did not want the welcoming process of college to be. I came home and explained to my parents that I was thrilled I was never going to live in a dorm situation and have a fish on my door. This became a major joke in my family. My aunt sent me a large fish with my name on it when I moved into my first apartment and so forth.)

& speaking of making it to orientation, I found out I have been living on the wrong time. This was a rather odd discovery. I mean, it is pretty ridiculous that I didn't figure this out on my own. Just to be clear, I am 15.5 hours ahead of you. Apparently Adelaide is one of the only places on the planet that is off by a half hour.

I went exploring yesterday and ended up at the park across the street from campus. I was in some shorts, which upon sitting in the grass became relatively short and soon infested with ants. I went on a quest for a bench in the shade and found one. I sat down, admired my surroundings, even took a picture or two and heard a rustling behind me. A snake. Not a big one, but a snake nonetheless. I screamed, shook my hands, and looked around for any onlookers who I could express my fear to. There was no one.

(I was informed today that nearly all snakes in Australia are poisonous. Note taken.)

Photobucket

Photobucket


1 comment:

  1. Australian Commandment #11. Thou shalt not sit in the grass, especially when near water or thou shalt find thyself snake bitten.
    Did you take your welcome "circle" and put it on your apartment door? Haha!

    ReplyDelete